[MPlayer-G2-dev] MID proposal

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Sat Nov 1 20:33:43 CET 2003

Hi,

here comes v2 :)

MPlayer Image Description
-----------------------------------

Flags: YUV, RGB, SWAPPED, PALETTE, COMPRESSED, SPECIAL (is this really
needed?!)
BPP: bytes (bits?) needed for storing a pixel
Depth: bits used for a pixel
CSH: horizontal chroma shift (only used if YUV)
CSV: vertical chroma shift (only used if YUV)
Num Planes: 1 for packed, 2 (for y + interleaved uv (NV21/12)), 3, 4
(for IF04 and maybe later yuv+alpha?)
Imgfmt: backward compatibility fourcc?!

Btw, imho we need a separate data block for storing palette in mpi (we
should avoid that planes[1] hack) and also a palette_type or
palette_bits (currently mplayer treats all palettes as 8->24 bits)

Hm, one new issue come to my mind: ARGB vs RGBA, aka the place of alpha
byte. I hate these endianess issues :)

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)