[MPlayer-G2-dev] MID proposal

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Nov 1 19:52:40 CET 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 07:33:13PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Here's my idea of a IMGFMT replacement: MID stands for MPlayer Image
> > Description.
> >
> > MID {
> > imgfmt (?)
> > type (rgb or yuv)
> or special: mpeg, mjpeg, cymk etc

Hmm..what do you mean?
Maybe type (colorspace) should be able to take on 3 values (and more
in the future if needed): RGB, YUV, and "SPECIAL". Filters then could
reject "SPECIAL" type outright unless they recognize the imgfmt.

> imho:
> 0   -> packed
> >=1 -> planar (think of grayscale)

Agree.

> > fields (interlacing)
>
> why here? whats the purpose of it?

I agree it doesn't belong.

> > The advantage of this is that it would be safe to change query_format to
> > the following: query_format(vo_instance, mid, width, height) and other
> > apperances of complicated imgfmt usage, it would reduce code.
>
> agree, i also had this in mind, but i dropped due to big changes
> all over the code (i wanted to avoid big changes which delay g2 a lot)

Porting filters will require changes anyway. I volunteer to do most of
it once I'm done with vp layer.

Rich