[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: About final cfg.h (config layer 0 discussion)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 26 15:38:50 CEST 2003

Hi,

> >For example, we assume that name of group is group selection flag. Then
> >if we define all below we will have all hints to form box above but don't
> >have any changes for CLI syntax:
>
> [.......]
>
>     I like to write here another version for the same. We'll define that
> option->desc for CONF_TYPE_GROUP have two special meanings:
> NULL - this is menu separator line
> "*"  - this is list of special choises (boxes inside box)
>
> Then we could:
>
> config_t var_vq_group[]={
>  {"vqmin", &vqmin, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, 1, 31, NULL, "minimun quant"},
>  {"vqmax", &vqmin, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, 1, 31, NULL, "maximum quant"},
>  {NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL}
> }
>
> config_t vq_groups[]={
>  {"vqscale", &vqscale, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, 1, 31, NULL, "constant quantizer"},
>  {"", NULL, CONF_TYPE_GROUP, 0, 0, 0, var_vq_group, "variable quantizer"},
>  {NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL}
> }

> {"", NULL, CONF_TYPE_GROUP, 0, 0, 0, vq_groups, "*"},
>
> It seems even simpler than previous version and allows even more that two
> group choises (and still no changes for CLI syntax). :)

hmm, i don't understand this version.

i understood the first version, but it has a big bug: it doesn't store
which group was selected by teh user.

anyway i agree that we should support this kind of thing (ie. various set of
options available depending on the result of a select/flag type option)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu