[MPlayer-G2-dev] [QUESTION] g1's network.c-nop-functions

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon May 26 00:26:58 CEST 2003

Am Montag, 26. Mai 2003 00:20 schrieb Arpi:
> Hi,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > while porting mms-support I found that nop-functions, which seem to just
> > do cached/buffered reads, but as cache2.c already has such functions and
> > I think this should be handled in layers above, by setting
> > stream->buf_size and so on, I don't understand WHY this functions are
> > there and if they are needed for g2 ... (and even for g1)
> >
> > I guess not and will try to implement it that way ...
> >
> > Please enlight me!
>
> dunno why are they there in g1, it's an useless buffering layer imho.
> imho the whole streaming_ctrl mess of g1 is useless.
> so i simply left them out in g2 and voala it still works.

Hm, yeah :)

Seems that though I "need" (Its an nice extension that was there in g1)
bandwidth, which shall be settable from comamndline/config ?

How does I manage to do this with new config-layer ?

And what about several streaming-modules that need to implement this var, does
the config-layer handle that ?

I don't think it would be good to add it to stream_s therefor I'm asking for
other ways.

cu

Fabian