[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: cfg.h (config layer 0 discussion)

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon May 19 14:36:34 CEST 2003

    Hi, D Richard Felker III!

Sometime (on Monday, May 19 at 15:09) I've received something...
>On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 02:33:27PM +0300, Andriy N. Gritsenko wrote:
>>     Hi, Arpi!
>>
>> Sometime (on Monday, May 19 at 13:13) I've received something...
>>
>> >why???
>> >forget subconfig
>>
>> I meant something like:
>>
>> config_t global_config[]={
>>   {"~File", NULL, CONF_TYPE_GROUP, 0, 0, 0, file_config, NULL},
>>   {"~Video", NULL, CONF_TYPE_GROUP, 0, 0, 0, video_config, NULL},
>>   {"~Audio", NULL, CONF_TYPE_GROUP, 0, 0, 0, audio_config, NULL},
>>   {NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL}
>> }
>>
>> then we could add optional items (to video_config[] for example) by GUI
>> not in common config but in any. :)

>Huh? I don't see why this is useful. Could you explain better?

    I'll try to explain. How menu system for GUI-based application may be
created? By another structure that will copy config but with some tree?
You may be very surprised but level 0 config already has all for GUI menu
in it. Only thing it has not yet was formatting field (from main menu
panel to drop-down menu, from drop-down menu to submenu, for separators
between parts of drop-down menu, etc.). So that CONF_TYPE_GROUP at first
was proposed as such formatting field (application-level type config
item). Finally on "Alt" keypress or mouse event we can just run some
function of GUI like display_menu(window,config) - it's enough and you
don't have to make some deep changes to reformat menu - just reorder
items of config in source or even in runtime. :)
    Did you understand now?

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.