[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: GUI-related config (layer-0) metadata

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Thu May 15 20:28:28 CEST 2003

    Hi, Dan Christiansen!

Sometime (on Thursday, May 15 at 21:16) I've received something...
>>    You're saying about implementation not API, sorry. API must consist
>>of struct describing all variables.

>It seems like were talking about two different things; I'm talking
>about how a GUI application would manipulate the modules, you're
>talking about how the module/mplayer config interface should be.
>Actually, I'm saying the exact opposite; a function-based interface
>would be much more dynamic and interface better with the object
>oriented design of a GUI. What's behind the interface is a completely
>different matter. You could have the module/mplayer interface consist
>of a struct and have the GUI/module (via mplayer) interface consist of
>a set of functions which mplayer would interpret and manipulate with
>said functions.

    Ah, I've got it. :)  So anyway these are details of GUI-driven
application implementation. It's too early to talk about this since
common API for options isn't ready yet. But I'll glad to talk about it
later, because I wanted to write GUI encoder but I'm novice at GUI at
all.
    BTW, I agree with you that modularized structure of application is
better than cross-linked. :)

>It could be implemented in mplayer. It's a very simple way of accessing
>options.

    Arpi already said it here - something alike of level 2 and 3, it's
for mplayer internal parser module. It's not my concert at the time. May
be later but may be not - I've too busy or lazy sometimes. ;)

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.