[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: G2 CLI/GUI and config API again - a little request.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed May 14 14:29:38 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > but i guess stream path merging/splitting and graphedit cannot be expected
> > before g3. first we should cleanup g1 (actually reproduce some parts, port
> > the rest) to have something we can play (and not suck) with.
> >
> > if we define infinite requirements now, we'll never reach any working code.
>
> I hope we can do it without many requirements on the actual filter
> system, so it can be added painlessly without another
> rewrite-from-scratch. Or maybe you intend g3 to be more incremental,
> as opposed to g2 which is lots of rewrites.

of course
i hope that g2 is teh last rewrite. its main goal is cleanup g1, when
needed, by rewrite. when g2 is ready, we can start playing with new ideas,
new APIs without having to rewrite code or suck with hacks.

btw i already have ideas for g3. (or g2.1)
i plan to replace current mpi (mp_image_t with its specialzied MP_IMGTYPEs)
by a more generic approach, recently introduced in ffmpeg:
get_buffer+release_buffer. currently i see many new problems but also many
problems solved, and many other advantages...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team