[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: G2 CLI/GUI

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue May 13 11:38:27 CEST 2003

Hi

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 02:00, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > >Not acceptable. This sort of bloated slow startup nonsense is what I
> > >expect from stuff like mozilla and gimp, not mplayer!
> >
> >     I didn't say if we have do that scan by loading these plugins. There
> > is other way - to create /usr[/local]/lib/mplayer/{ctl,vo,vf} subdirs and
> > put plugins of each type there. Plugins names will be name.so - it may be
> > enough but version and validity check (and getting all plugin info) will
> > be on loading on demand only. Is it ok?
>
> plugin names are the same as teh .c file names, but with .so (or .a .dll
> etc, it's platform dependent!!!) extenion. so for example, demux_ogg.so,
> vf_scale.so
> maybe we can include api version number too in some way.

an alternative way to quickly get some info (author, helptext, long
description ...) about every plugin is to use a cache file, so that only new
plugins are checked and then the info is stored in the cache file and loaded
from there when needed in a subsequent run ...

the advantage is that a GUI could quickly display the helptext or longdesc for
example as a tooltip for the list of filters ...

[...]

--
Michael
screen[y][x] ^= cursor[cy][cx];			(violates patent #4,197,590)