[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: G2 CLI/GUI

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon May 12 23:30:59 CEST 2003

    Hi, Balatoni Denes!

Sometime (on Tuesday, May 13 at  0:17) I've received something...
>Ok. How are you going to add plugins to g2 without asking/waiting for weeks
>for somebody to commit your plugin to cvs ? You can make patch or fork mplayer
>too, but distributing a binary (+ source) is IMHO more flexible and
>convenient.

>Now that I think of it, if users rebuild mplayer all the time, than
>distributing a filter in patch form is not that inconvinient - best would be
>imho if it was the users choice.

    It's why I wanted to have that plugins API. And remember also about
copyrights. If you have only core and all codecs/filters/etc. as modules
then you can be as much flexible as possible - don't install/distribute
unwanted modules and it's all. :)

    Be lucky!
    Andriy.