[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: G2 CLI/GUI

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 12 18:39:05 CEST 2003

Hi,

> P.S. By next step I want to apply new API to -vf option (and to -ovc of
>  mencoder-g2, of course) to get it fully configurable. :)

i wanna see how does vf configuration will work with this api.

> P.P.S. CONF_TYPE_POSITION CONF_TYPE_CHOOSE CONF_TYPE_LIST CONF_TYPE_CHAIN
>  types and save_config() function are not implemented in cfgparser.c yet.

is it supposed to handle the multifile configuration?
(like playtree was in g1, but i always liked the method used in
g1's parse-mecmd.c better)

what i mean: when there are multiple files, one with their own commandline
(or configfile) options, are you able to parse them separated, even in
parallel?
an example: i want to mux an audio, a video and a subtitle file together
with mencoder-g2. so i need to open 3 streams, and 3 demuxers for them, in
parallel. they probably have different options.

btw it would be better to have the options (be it some global one, or
demuxer/vfilter/etc specific) in dinamically allocated structurs, instead of
in globals.

actually i can't see your new cfg api solving either globals, or multiple
files problem, not i can see how makes it modules (filters etc)
configuration cleaner.

btw, about dinamically loaded plugins: the cfg parser shouldn't know about
them, esp. about their internal details, or loading them.
when the user enables a filter by -vf foobar, then the vf layer will try to
open the vf_foobar.so, same for codecs (base don codecs.conf)

don't do the same as xine (it loads all plugins at startup).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team