[MPlayer-G2-dev] Darwin port

Dan Christiansen danchr at daimi.au.dk
Sun May 11 16:00:58 CEST 2003

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 02:45 PM, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> [snip]
>
> 405divx_sm_v2[1].avi
> Alice Deejay - Back In My Life.asf

I tested with this one.

>> [snip]
>
> it should return the timing error, not the actual time spent in sleep.
> so, in ideal case (very accurate timer) it should return 0.
> you should try sth like return time_frame-(end-start);
>
> Btw how accurate is that CFRunLoopRunInMode() ? <+-1ms?

In my tests, it's almost always ~0,3ms off, but when I use it for
timing, A-V drifts up to a second. nanosleep seems quite reliable, and
it's mostly 0,1ms and less off. I now use CFRunLoop for "long"
intervals and nanosleep for short ones.

If a long interval is >0,005, I get drift up to ~0,3s, if it's 0,01,
drift is up to ~0,1s. Disk access, swap, etc. can throw it up to a
second off. How much A-V drift is acceptable?

- Dan