[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: G2 CLI/GUI

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Thu May 8 16:35:29 CEST 2003

    Hi, G?bor L?n?rt!

Sometime (on Thursday, May  8 at 16:52) I've received something...

>I thing the best solution for G2 would be a _common_ (but separated from G2
>core of course!) structure describes various options, their meanings, their
>dependencies to other options etc, and this (maybe compilacted) structure
>can be used by:

>	* command line interface [even for displaying help!]
>	* OSD menus
>	* GTK GUI menus

>This would allow to make a SINGLE modoification and each of UIs supports
>this description "language" (it can be XML, but even some C coded linked
>lists of complex structures, etc) can support ALL of the features implemented,
>without the need to code into GUI, to code into OSD menu etc etc etc separatly,
>which is slow process, it's wase of time and even it introduces code redundancy ...

    It was the main goal of my impact info G1 m_config.* two months ago.
Since that time I've learned very much about these things and I'm working
now on new implementation of it, for G2 since that G2 is much better fit
in this concept. Main goals - most of process have to be hidden inside
of parser, many parsers (not only mentioned by you) are possible, etc.
Just wait it, please. When ready, I'll post it here and we will do it the
best together. :)  BTW, I don't like to sink in argues until it ready so
I'll listen any ideas/demands/wishes but I'll don't tell you any details
yet, sorry.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.