[MPlayer-G2-dev] gui - skin engine

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jun 26 01:43:10 CEST 2003

Hi,

Just checked the skin cvs of gmplayer, and there are a lot of nice skins.
It makes me wonder if we will support g1 skins in g2, or the g2 gui will
have a new skin format?

If we keep g1 format (maybe extend) then there should be a common,
multiplatform skin loader/renderer library. If it's well written, then
it's split to platform-independent and dependent parts.
Ie there could be skin renderer/interface modules for Xlib, gtk, qt, win32
etc. Afaik Faust already proted teh g1 skin loader to win32, dunno how much
it differs from the linux code.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu