[MPlayer-G2-dev] get_buffer/release_buffer vs. get_image/mpi

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Jun 15 11:03:49 CEST 2003

Hi

On Sunday 15 June 2003 05:05, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
[...]
> Sorry, I cannot understand what are you talking about?
> I think that get/release_buffer works this way.
>   get_buffer when new frame is needed, codec gives the type (I,P or B)
>   release_buffer, then the frame is: compleate(drown/skiped) and displayed
> and no longer used for prediction. ( i think that ffmpeg have some age
> thing, donno why, probably this way it counts how many prediction buffer
> it requers).
age is used to skip drawing of MBs, it is set by the get_buffer()
implementation, and simply means the the number of get_buffer() calls since
this buffer was returned the last time
thats usefull because if a MB is skiped more often then the age of the frame
then it is still in the buffer (assuming only simpe IP frames are used,
otherwise its a bit more complex) and so it doesnt need to be copied from the
previous frame

[...]

--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)