[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: more on frame timing, framerate-changing filters

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Wed Jun 11 14:45:46 CEST 2003

    Hi, D Richard Felker III!

Sometime (on Wednesday, June 11 at  7:05) I've received something...

>If you're worried about not wanting all framerate-changing filters (or
>apps) to have to support this stuff, it could be an optional feature,
>where any filter in the chain can ignore the exact info and just use
>"float pts" the rest of the way down the chain...

I'm sorry, I don't understand exactly all you said but I think for any
filter with time prediction (inverse-telecine, video time-rendering for
slower/faster play, etc.) we have at least have as input for get_frame():
1) wanted pts (presentation time stamp of current pulled frame);
2) wanted duration (relative time stamp of frame that will be requested
    next time).
So filter could know must it pull frame from previous filter or not and
may it return duplicate or dropped frame instead. Also that info will let
us have variable framelength/fps because filter will be not related on
fps anymore.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.