[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: Question for Arpi :)

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Jul 24 17:25:18 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 11:29:05AM +0300, Andriy N. Gritsenko wrote:
>     Hi, Arpi!
>
> Sometime (on Wednesday, July 23 at 12:48) I've received something...
> >>     Could you point me to detailed description of new VF API? I don't
> >> want to make mistakes so I want description of all API functions. :)
>
> >no new vf api, it's teh same as in g1 with little differences i described
> >here on the ML
>
>     Sorry, may be I've lost something but I still don't get exactly how
> new flag drop works in get_pending_image() and process_image() - does it
> allow framedropping by filter or does it force drop pulled frame?

That's a very misleading way to talk about it. What it allows is for a
filter to generate frames in such a way that there is no one-to-one
correspondence between input frames and output frames.

>     Another question is what get_pending_image exactly does. Does it just
> return frame if filter already has one in buffer without pulling it from
> demuxer, doesn't it?

Again, that may be true with certain filters, but it's a misleading
way to describe it. I'm still confused over this whole api so I'm not
sure what the correct description is. Better to read the ML
archives...

Rich