[MPlayer-G2-dev] OSD, again :)

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sun Jul 20 21:44:38 CEST 2003

Hi,

The system is based on what i called "osd display". The display role is
to manage draw/clear of the various objects currently attached to the
display. Once a display is configured then you just feed it with some
mp_image and it will draw the objects.
The "osd display" doesn't do any drawing/clearing. It just take care
of what have to be done, draw are handled by the object themself, and
clear by a callback.
The system make the drawing/clearing decisions upon the "buffer type".
The display itself have a buffer type but it's also possible to define
some area with a different buffer type. There is 3
buffer types :
 TEMP   : We never clear it, everything is redrawn at every frame
 STATIC : We need to clear it if it change but we don't need to
          redraw it at every frame.
 LOCKED : This forbid drawing.

So TEMP is the movie area, STATIC the black bands and LOCKED is for
IP/B, PRESERVE, etc.

The osd filter is just like expand (should have took it ;) But by
default the filter will use LOCKED area for IP/B so you won't see
anythig unless you either expand enouth or use force=1 (wich then
allow DR only on TEMP).
The osd object need freetype (with freetype-config for the build).
So you also need to pass it a font name. Use something like:
-vop osd=force=1:objs=test=font=/path/to/your/font
and you should see some text comming from the right :)

Ok, this is "just some experiment", feedback appreciated :)
	Albeu

--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.