[MPlayer-G2-dev] New libao2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 16 13:56:19 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I've been working on the new audio I/O library a bit. Can't get the
> sync to work, but I will continue to work on it. I will also implement
> the new config system (not done yet). Anyway just wanted to show what
> I have done to see what you think of it.
>
> The source I have been working on is from version 33 (I think).
>
> down load it from:
> www.watri.org.au/~ajh/mplayer-g2-newaio.tar.gz

Hmmm, interesting.

Few comments:

  int (*get_delay)(struct aio_instance_s* aio);

it should return float, 1sec accuracy is far not enough for a-v sync

you can easily replace aio_conf_t by module_info_t, which have the same
fields (actually a few more) and is required/recommended for new config system.

we should define the metrics of in/out parameters, ie. byte vs. sample, and
that stereo sample-pair does count one or two samples.
and that bps is bits-per-second, bits-per-sample, bytes-per-second or what.
it made the most confusion around mplayer-g1 audio layer causing various bugs.

/* Audio data chunk */
typedef struct aio_data_s
{
  void* audio;  // data buffer
  int size;     // size of bffer
  int len;      // bytes in buffer
}aio_data_t;

Do you have plans to replace libaf, or it's "good as-is" ?
For audio in/out it's ok to use packets, but i like fifo-type buffers better
for filters (esp. that you cannot give exact in/out rate for some filters,
see buffer size over/underflow problems in libaf when using resample).
(i don't like its "packetized buffer" design but i have no time in the near
future to implement my idea)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu