[MPlayer-G2-dev] pre34 & vf/vo resize problem

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jul 14 05:52:32 CEST 2003

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 01:23:04AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> pre34:
> - networking enabled again (STREAMING -> MPLAYER_NETWORK rename)
>   although mms/mmst seems to be broken :(
> - initial subtitle support patch by Albeu
> - 'flags' field added to module_info_t
> - some compiler warnings fixed
> - (x11) event handling docimented in libvo2.txt in more detail
> - obsolete 'flags' removed from vo2's config() parameters
> - VO_MODULE_CAPS_* defined
> - some cleanup of x11_common.c, renamed to x11_helper.c and event.c
>
> and introducing yet another problem for discussion, mayeb you have
> better ideas than me:
>
> there are several vo drivers without scaling ability.
> (and there are some with limited scaling, left them for now).
> in g1 we included swscaler support in all of them to workaround this.
> of course it isn't acceptable in g2.

While we're talking about scaling/displaysize, there's an issue I ran
into that I think we should address. Certain filters (scale, crop,
etc.) adjust d_width and d_height to preserve aspect. However, these
values are stored as integers, so they become victims of rather bad
rounding. This often causes the overlay not to quite fill the screen
in fullscreen mode, leaving a few pixels of console behind... Also
it's really bad for the "autoaspect" option I added to ve_lavc... Is
there maybe some better way we could handle the whole issue (keeping
floats or ratios?) so that rounding doesn't become such a problem?

Rich