[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: pre34 & vf/vo resize problem

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sun Jul 13 23:49:23 CEST 2003

Hi Arpi,

on Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:56:28 +0200 you wrote:

> But maybe you're right, I was on wrong step, it all can be done in oen
> step maybe, some psuecode:
>
> // expand=-1:-100
> resize(vf,int* p){
>     if(vf_resize_next(vf->next,p)==VF_TRUE) return VF_TRUE;
>     if(we_do_resize){
>         vf->priv->exp_w=p[0];
>         vf->priv->exp_h=p[1];
>         vf->config(vf,vf->priv->w,vf->priv->h,vf->priv->exp_w,vf->priv-
>         >exp_h);
>         return VF_TRUE; // we do resizing
>     } else {
>         // tell the upper filters to resize to d_width x d_height-100
>         // so we can provide d_width x d_height-100+100 images
>         p[1]-=100;
>         return VF_FALSE;
>     }
> }
>
> // rotate:
> resize(vf,int* p){
>     if(vf_resize_next(vf->next,p)==VF_TRUE) return VF_TRUE;
>     swap(p[0],p[1]);
>     return VF_FALSE;
> }
>
> (of course there will be no new vf->resize() but a control for this)
Look both easy to implement and powerfull :)

> > considering that you said you were thinking on that for 2 days.
>
> it does mean nothing, it seems :)
Sometimes ... but it won't make me doubt of your (incredible)
programming abilities ;)

> I'll release pre35 today, pelase check vo_xv and vo_x11, the config()
> is less than 5 lines of code...
> actually it does near nothing, just creates GC for the window if not yet
> done and saves the new w/h to the vo struct.
> (buffer creation/releasing is done in get/release_buffer(), X11 init in
> preinit())
I'll check that, i plan to port tdfx_vid (someday in the futur).

> > I speak from my g1 experience, so this may be somewhat different in
> > g2.
>
> there is really BIG difference between g1's libvo and g2's libvo2
> (but it also means that porting g1 vo drivers to g2 is a lots of work
> and actually means rewrite from scratch)
It's probably not that bad that vo have to them rewrote from scratch.
g1 vo (especially the x11 ones) became so ugly :((
	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.