[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: libvo2 api/design problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jul 12 19:16:30 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > > I'd prefere #1, but would extend the vo_info_t structure by
> > > a special requirements field and put there a VO_NEED_X11 or something
> > > like that.
> >
> > Me too.

Ok i've extended the module_info_t wtsurtc with a flags field, low 16
bit is generic, upper 16 bits are module type dependant.

> I'd like to see smthg like VO_X11_CAPS wich mean that the vo can
> optionaly use a provided window (like tdfx_vid, mga?, etc).
> These won't fail if a window isn't avaible.

Are there any vo driver which may work with and without X11 ?
(assuming we're implementing parent-child system for overlays like
mga or tdfx_vid to work with x11, fbdev, vesa etc)

I guess no, so i left ot out for now.
My idea for the vo2 module capabilities flags:

//****** vo2 specific module_info_t flags: ********
// module can work as parent for other sub-vo module (xover, vesa, fbdev...)
#define VO_MODULE_CAPS_PARENT 0x10000
// module can work as child or other parent module
// NOTE: when both PARENT and CHILD caps set, it means: the module can work
// as parent but can host itself as child, but cannot work as child of other vo
#define VO_MODULE_CAPS_CHILD 0x20000
// module requires X11 connection (as parameter in preinit())
#define VO_MODULE_CAPS_X11 0x40000
// module renders into a window
// NOTE: if both X11 and WINDOW caps set: it requires an X11 window via control
#define VO_MODULE_CAPS_WINDOW 0x80000

some example of flags:

sdl,directx: WINDOW       (it has self-managed window)
mga,tdfx_vid,vidix: CHILD (can work as child)
xover: PARENT+X11+WINDOW  (can only work as parent, requires x11 and window)
fbdev,vesa: PARENT+CHILD  (can work as parent for overlays, or run alone)
xv,gl: X11+WINDOW         (requires X11 and window, but cannot work as parent)

did i miss sth?

maybe an VO_MODULE_CAPS_GUI for drivers available for GUI users?
(so gui wouldn't list/allow mga, fbdev and other x11 unfriendly drivers)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu