[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: Limitations in vo2 api :(

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Thu Dec 25 10:25:35 CET 2003

    Hi, D Richard Felker III!

Sometime (on Wednesday, December 24 at 23:16) I've received something...

>>     Again my questions. :)  If some filter wants to get a frame from one
>> of links it must call vp_request_frame() then call vp_pull_frame(),
>> doesn't it?

>No, vp_pull_frame may NEVER be called by filers. To do so would be
>recursive calling. If you need frames before you can process, you must
>use vp_request_frame then RETURN.

    I don't understand that. Do you mean (node)->pull_frame() does not
process frames until it have pending ones already but all process will be
done by (node)->push_frame()? But then I don't know how filter could
request two or three frames in a row? For example if filter has found
that one frame isn't sufficient for it and must be requested another one?
Since your vp_request_frame does nothing but sets flags only. Explain it,
please. I don't know now how filters that don't do frame-to-frame will
work.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.