[MPlayer-G2-dev] Information about video coding

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Wed Dec 24 22:29:49 CET 2003

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 01:57:33AM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > > Yes, it's called "text file with ansi escapes"... :)))))
> > Oh, damn.  But that's my source!  :)
>
> Feel free to write vd_ansi.c! :) Then you can mux video (with
> fourcc==ANSI :) in .avi files and play them with MPlayer.. ;)

Don't tempt me.  :)

It's just the sort of pointless crap I haven't been doing enough of
lately.  *cough cough GIF cough hack*

Although I've already written a script that takes raw text and raw
frames, renders those frames as ascii-art using that raw text, then
converts this colored ascii-art into pngs, which are fed into mencoder.
I'm practically there, but it's just not practical.  :)

--Joey

--
"I know Kung Fu." --Darth Vader