[MPlayer-G2-dev] Concerning TODO item re-think parent-child connection, move to vf_vo2.c maybe

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Dec 9 14:46:09 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 02:25:21PM +0100, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> I think all of them need nothing more than a handle to the window
> in which they should display the window, it's x, y, width and height
> and the colorkey. Therefore I propose that the UI creates the windows
> for them and passes its parameters to the vo when they change.

Does this mean that each UI calls vo->create_window or some other vo
function, or should thæ UI know how to create a window for each vo it
plans to use?  I don't think that vo-dependant code should be in the UI,
so I hope you don't mean to do this.

> But what about vidix and the kernel mode drivers like mga_vid and tdfx_vid?
> In G1 these can be used either as windowed drivers via [x/win]vidix or as
[snip]

I like your suggestion for the kernel mode drivers, though.  And
everything else sounds good.

--Joey

--
"Of the seven dwarves, the only one who shaved was Dopey.
That should tell us something about the wisdom of shaving."