[MPlayer-G2-dev] pre41 released + aspect + fullscreen

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 22 02:41:07 CEST 2003

Hi,

pre41:
- libvo2: split VOCTRL_RESIZE_DEST to _RESIZE_DEST+_MOVE_DEST+_REDRAW
- event.c: RESIZE now takes care of aspect ratio (vo drivers needs to
  be fixed to clear unused (out of buffer) area!!! patches wanted!)
- dir c0nfigure renamed to confiG2ure :)
- applied stream_ftp patch v3, ported by Fabian, original by Albeu

So nothing interesting.

For the aspect stuff: i've checked Fabian's fs patch, and the aspect.[ch]
from g1 is something we NEVER ever want to see in g2.
What it does is saving various parameters (orig, scaled, display w/h)
to static vars via various functions, and then let s1 to read them back.

Instead, we should have all the needed info in the vo struct, and do
aspect calculation (hey, it's just a few lines, doesnt worth a new library)
on-the-fly, ie. in the default event handler (event.c) or in the Gui.
Now i've added a few lines to event.c to maintain aspect ratio when
resizing, including 'maximize'. It's not final (may be inaccurate), we
should add aspect w/h to vo struct, and let vf_vo2 set it at config().
Actually we should review/rework the aspect stuff of vf layer anyway, but
it's another story, and it can be delayed.

About the fullscreen switching: Fabian's patch "ported" most of the x11
fs code from g1 as-is. The main idea behind the 2 windows fs switching is to
avoid all that mess. At least it works in xine, i remember seeing a half
screen long fs switching code there using 2 windows. No messing with WM
hints, etc, just create a window with some special flags. I'm not an X11
guru, not even a X11 newbie, so i can't decide hwo can it be done, but I
think (at least hope) that porting that mess from g1 is not the Right Way.
Note, that gtk and SDL also uses 2 window method for fs switch, and they
both work since ages, without the need for that fs mess and commandline
switches and WM patches we hacked together in g1.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu