[MPlayer-G2-dev] Developing a GTK2 GUI

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Aug 4 22:23:37 CEST 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 08:57:44PM +0200, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> > make it able to replace real and quicktime and wmp
> >  - painful at best due to dll stuff
>
> The only problem here is to get our dlls loaded from
> our codec dir(s)

That's not much of a problem, I did it in my old packages.
The patches are very old and against 0.90, but I still have them.
I'll rewrite them against main cvs when I get back to win32 dev.

> > give it a nice native gui
>
> Give me ~3 more weekends and mine should be
> halfway stable.

Nice.

> >  - more research into win32 coding
> > remove dependance on cygwin dll without loss of features
>
> Just compile it with mingw... The packages in releases/win32-beta
> contain only one executable and a few config files.

Yes, but do all of mplayer's features work under mingw?
It has been a long time since I tried, and I know much work
has been done since.  I haven't done it yet because if it
proves to cause any problems, I won't have time to deal with
them at the same time as the things I'm already working on.

Also, this has gotten off-topic.  I apologize.  If you would
like, Sacha, we can continue talking about win32 stuff off of
g2's list.  I think that we should work together at some of
these things.

--Joey