[MPlayer-G2-dev] Developing a GTK2 GUI

Charles Ezell ardneh2 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 08:13:50 CEST 2003

>'mode' it
> > >
> > > The less X code the better.  Still, I'm sure there is code that can be
>used
> > > by everyone
> > > (using X) and it will be handy to have it in one place.  I have to
>look into
> > > it more.
>
>Hmm, maybe we should keep in mind, that gtk(2) is already usable on
>multiple
>X-less 'platforms', like linux framebuffer, win32 etc.
>So if possible, X and gtk code shouldn't be mixed (like it was done in G1's
>gui)

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that I would ever put raw X code in with my
code.  Will not happen.
However, there might be something I cannot do from GTK/GDK/GLib and I will
need to call X
directly.  Should that happen I would put the X code in an appropriately
named external
function so it does not hurt portability.  Please note that I do not expect
this to happen, but you
guys do some really low-level things so I'm just not sure yet.

BTW, I'm hoping the GTK version will be good enough that no one will 'need'
to write a native
win32 version.  XChat is really impressive on win32 and Gaim is getting
there.  Might be there, it's been a long time since I've tried it.