[MPlayer-dvb] DVB Playback Issues

Derek Ivey divey at versatile.com
Tue Dec 20 03:12:11 CET 2011

Hi Bill,

Yeah I do have ffac3, but it only works sometimes. When it doesn't work
I get those frame CRC mismatches and get_buffer() failed.
This problem seems to occur on all of my channels. They will work and
then if I CTRL C and try launching them again I usually have problems.

I tried your config and it didn't seem to help unfortunately. I noticed
that the video playback was slow and out of sync with the audio.

I am using cable TV (clear QAM). I believe the signals are fine because
my tuner has a indicator light that is green when the signal is strong
and orange when it is a weaker signal. The light was green. I agree that
this is probably an audio codec issue. If I run mplayer with -nosound
the video playback is perfect.

I'll keep searching for solutions. Thanks for your help so far!

Derek