[MPlayer-dvb] Feature Request: Electronic program guide

Nico Sabbi nicola.sabbi at poste.it
Sun Jan 25 22:56:01 CET 2009

Il giorno dom, 25/01/2009 alle 21.44 +0100, Phillip Berndt ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> most players use the EPG information [1] from DVB streams to display a
> short "On air / upcoming" message after tuning to a channel. It would
> be nice to have that in mplayer (In OSD + printed to the console)
>
> There is at least one OSS utility for EPG extraction [2], so it should
> be possible to implement this without too much effort (i.e. without
> reading through tons of specifications :))
>
> -- Phillip Berndt
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_program_guide
> [2] http://www.darkskiez.co.uk/index.php?page=tv_grab_dvb

don't believe that using someone else's code without reading the specs
is easier than writing the code from scratch or almost, and don't
believe that foreign code can be included without being scrutinized.
As for your request: patch welcome. At the moment I barely have the time
to sleep enough by night ;(