[MPlayer-dvb] Input from demux (not dvr)

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 11 23:32:33 CET 2008

 > do you mean that multiple pids can be repeated to multiple client
 > programs?
 > If so it's what I've been asking a lot of time in linux-dvb

That has always been possible (with PES data).
The new feature is multiple TS streams to different clients via the demux.
Beforehand, only the dvr could get TS data, and the dvr can only be opened once.

I have not yet understood how to handle PES streams. I find easier to manage TS streams.
I've been able to play audio PES data via mplayer, no way with video.

I have a problem though: a demux can only get 1 filter so, to get audio pid + video pid

1) get them via 2 different sources (2 demuxes). Can mplayer cope with that?
2) get the whole TS and select audio pid and video pid via the command line arguments -aid -vid
3) extend the dvb kernel driver to accept multiple pid filter for each instance of a demux
4) get only 1 pid...

Is it easier for mplayer to handle TS data or PES data?

 > yes. Post a patch, please

As soon as I have a clear view.
I have already tried option 2, but I think it is a waste of space...

Any suggestions?

Andrea