[MPlayer-dvb] Problem with dvbsel Menu

Manfred admin at serv.de.eu.org
Tue Dec 9 09:46:27 CET 2008

Hello list,

i am having a problem with the <dvbsel> osd menu.

Basically my setup works. I am using a hauppauge nova-s-plus.
I am having a channels.conf.sat and mplayer displays the TV stream.

When i start mplayer dvb://"channelname" it displays the
given channel. h and k switch to the next/previous channel.

When i open the osd menu and select DVB it doesnt show the
channels. On sdterr it tells me [MENU] failed to init. I am
not at home, but i can post the full message later.

By accident i found out that if i start mplayer with an AVI
or if i start it with a dvb channel and then open an AVI
with Open from the osd menu then i am able to select DVB from
menu and mplayer displays the channels and does play the channels.

Is there a known bug ? I compiled a snapshot from Dec 2008.

2nd question is if it is possible to start recording from osd.