[MPlayer-dvb] problems with dvbstream / mplayer

migmog migmog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 00:04:23 CEST 2007

> oops, I've realized only now that you used -ps: with rtp it's simply
> not possible atm, so remove it and all should be fine

I tried removing the -ps. Mplayer detected TS ok, but the output was
the same as before.

Also tried "dvbstream -udp <vpid> <apid>"  and "mplayer -upd 224.0.1.2:5004"

got this output:

Playing udp://224.0.1.2:5004.
STREAM_UDP, URL: udp://224.0.1.2:5004
Stream not seekable!
Stream not seekable!
Stream not seekable!
Stream not seekable!
Stream not seekable!
... etc ... with the only other message "libavformat file format detected"

So, I got the dvbstream code from CVS and compiled it. Unfortunately,
the updated code does not appear to fix the problem. I might take a
look at the RTP streaming code, as I have some familiarity with the
protocol, but it was a few years ago...