[MPlayer-dvb] Mencoder and DVB-C Non-FTA channels

Jonas Roum-Møller jonasrm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 13:23:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

Talked to some of the devs on linuxtv -IRC. They recomeded using gnutv
or zap (for test) - both part of linuxtv-dvb-apps in hg. I tried gnutv
but found a couple of errors related to CAM access, but they fixed this
immediately (credits go to the linuxtv devs :). And currently I'm able
to record directy to disc using gnutv. Or setup vdr0 and have mencoder
read from that.. However, there seems to be a bug with mplayer: If I set
gnutv to output to stdout and have mencoder read directly from that,
mplayer crashed, leaving a Broken pipe. This can be reproduced even if I
try to:  cat gnutvrecordedfile.mpg | mplayer -
However mplayer gnutvrecordedfile.mpg works just fine..

Regards,
Jonas