[MPlayer-dvb] Re: HDTV: demux_ts vs lavf

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Oct 29 12:57:28 CET 2006

Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi <at> fastwebnet.it> writes:

> test latest svn and report, please

All problems were fixed in 20503. Great job, you are the one!

New problem since 20478: When trying to play an encrypted dvb program, instead
of bailing

TS file format detected.
NO VIDEO! NO AUDIO!  NO SUBS (yet)!
No stream found.
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 1 failed with errno 0 when reading 188 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 1 failed with errno 0 when reading 4096 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, return 0 bytes

and quitting/searching for another program, mplayer simply waits forever ("TS
file format detected"). This might of course be expected, though.

The reason I try to play an encrypted program is that HD-n are sometimes
encrypted, sometimes unencrypted, so I have to try.

Thank you, Carl Eugen