[MPlayer-dvb] Re: HDTV: demux_ts vs lavf

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Oct 16 11:36:46 CEST 2006

Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi <at> fastwebnet.it> writes:

> >1) mplayer dvb://HD5
> >Repeatedly shows these messages together with ugly artefacts:
> >[mpeg2video  <at>  0x8853018]skipped MB in I frame at 112 67 8%  2.1% 2 0
> >[mpeg2video  <at>  0x8853018]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 1
> >[mpeg2video  <at>  0x8853018]ac-tex damaged at 0 2

In case that wasn't clear in my original report: The error messages only show
problems with I frames.

> >2) mplayer dvb://HD5 -cache 1000000
> >same errors as 1)
> >
> >3) mplayer dvb://HD5 -dumpstream &
> >   mplayer stream.dump

Actually, I run these commands in two shells: It doesn't work with the &.

> >Works without any errors: That's why I can't upload sample!
> >

> nonsense :) double check what you are doing.
> playing a stream from a file or any other stream is equivalent

I did more something like a quadruple check before I posted the original mail.

Just tried it for 30 minutes: No errors, which occur every few seconds when I
just use 1) or 2).

> >4) mplayer dvb://HD5 -demuxer lavf
> >Doesn't work at all: Fast A/V desync, then freeze.
> >

> try -lavfdopts probesize=128

Same desync, freeze and 'blue screen', meaning xv is unuseable until reboot.

> >5) mplayer dvb://HD5 -demuxer lavf -cache 5000
> >Works!
> >
> >I'm testing 1) and 2) since months, only found out this week that it works
> >with -demuxer lavf (and today that it's not possible to produce a sample).
> >

> > I thought before that something might be wrong with the stream.
> >
> >Ideas? Any other information I can provide?
> >

> a dump file to incoming that I can analyze

Sorry, impossible;-(

I perfectly understand that this is not easy to believe, but I tested it many
times now: Is there any debug idea you have?

Regards, Carl Eugen