[MPlayer-dvb] mplayer output to dvb card

Thomas Palmer thms_palmer at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 00:23:44 CEST 2006

I forgot to say that my tv is NTSC, I think this may have something to do with the screen flipping and b&w.  I think during the conversion from xvid or non-mpeg2 formats to mpeg2 format for the dvb card, it is done in PAL?  mplayer plays mpeg2 files perfectly without screen flipping so I think there is something with this conversion (vf).  Also, VDR plays satellite channels perfectly as well.

I have not tried using the tv:// for mplayer as I need to do some research on how to use this.  But I think the purpose was to see if video is outputted correctly?  If that was the purpose, tv video plays well on VDR and mpeg2 videos too.  Let me know if I am heading in the wrong direction and should try something else.

Thanks Nico

Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote: Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Thomas Palmer wrote:
>
>> I've tried outputting wmv format right now but its just like any
>> other xvid file, tv screen constantly flipping b&w.
>>

> try to play at the same time mplayer tv:// -tv ...
> setting the correct tv parameters (video device).
> If mplayer tv:// plays correctly then probably there's  something wrong
> either with your cabling or with your drivers

and if you notice some regression in recent svn checkouts try
to backtrace up to the last working version, please