[MPlayer-dvb] audio pid, xmvc, tv

Bill Roberts billbalt at eyeofthequark.com
Thu Jul 28 21:23:45 CEST 2005

I cannot get sound from with my dvb unless I specify the pid as follows:

    "mplayer dvb://WJZ -vo xv -ao alsa -fs -aid 52"

If I don't supply the pid, an error reports "No Audio".

Second issue is xvmc. When I run the command above, I get 50-55% cpu usage.
If I do the following:

    "mplayer dvb://WJZ -vo xv -ao alsa -fs -aid 52 -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc"

I get 98-99% cpu usage. It works, but instead of reducing cpu usage, it
almost doubles it.

Finally, if I do the following (all on a single line):

    mplayer tv://13 -tv
    driver=v4l:input=0:norm=ntsc:outfmt=yuy2:width=320:height=240:chanlist=us-bcast
    -nofs

I get video. I haven't figured out sound or getting full screen, but it's a
start. However, after running the command above, I cannot run dvb at all.
It is unable to lock on a channel. I can only restore the ability to run
dvb by rebooting the machine.

My capture card is PCHDTV-3000, my video card is an Nvidia 6600 GT, I am
using the proprietary Nvidia driver. I am running gentoo, kernel 2.5.12-r6,
kernel drivers set up as modules. Mplayer will play most dvd's and internet
video (mpg,avi,etc) without problems. CPU is P4-2.4G, 2G memory. So. . . .

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Bill Roberts