[MPlayer-dvb] mplayer current CVS doesn't work with my DVB card

C.Y.M syphyr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 01:34:38 CEST 2005

On 6/30/05, Philippe Gramoullé <philippe.gramoulle at mmania.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:57:29 +0200
> Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:
>
>   | should be fixed
>
> Indeed, thank you very much :)
>
> Following our discussion on IRC, it appears that a side bug has been found , which is that i 'll get a black
> screen , with no sound (as if it was hung), if i use the 261e firmware for my DVB-S Technotrend FF Rev 1.3
> (2.6.12 + latest dvb-kernel checkout)
>
> With 261d, and latest mplayer CVS checkout, all is fine again.
>
> Thanks much for your help

Yes, I know what you are refering to. With the firmware from
2005-06-10, a new feature has been added to the firmware which allows
it to control Mute/Unmute during playback. Aparently, mplayer didnt
like that feature.  Fortunatly, that new Mute/Unmute feature has been
removed in the 2005-06-23 version of 0x261e, so mplayer works again.
Im not sure if the bug is in mplayer or in the firmware though.  Also,
it is unfortunate that mplayer mutes the drivers after playback, it
causes VDR to be muted after stopping playback of a file. I would love
to get that figured out.. :)

Regards,
C.