[MPlayer-dvb] FE_GET_INFO error: 22

Kjeld Flarup kjeld.flarup at liberalismen.dk
Thu Dec 1 01:37:06 CET 2005

Hi

I have some problems with my Pinnacle PCTV 400I DVB-S/FM satelite
receiver, well mostly that one. Either the sound or the picture stops,
and sometimes it also exits with a segmentation violation. Thus I want
to recompile it with crash debug, but that fails with this error:
FE_GET_INFO error: 22

I looked in the source code and basically it opens
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and does an FE_GET_INFO ioctl operation on
it, and fails with error 22 (Invalid argument)

Now I checked the mplayer which I installed by RPM with strace, and it
seems to be doing exactly the same! So now my question is what is going
wrong in my recompilation, am I missing some options

Some info on my system

uname -a: Linux media 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4 #1 Fri Jul 15 00:51:38 EDT 2005
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Downloaded source: MPlayer-1.0pre7try2
My configure line: ./configure --enable-debug --enable-crash-debug
--target=athlon_xp --cc="gcc32 -m32" --as="as --32"
--with-extralibdir=/usr/lib --disable-gui

Working RPM: mplayer-1.0-49_pre7try2.rhfc4.at

-------------------- Med Liberalistiske Hilsner ----------------------
  Civilingeniør, Kjeld Flarup - Mit sind er mere åbent end min tegnebog
  Forssavej 49, 7600 Struer, Tlf: 40 29 41 49
  Den ikke akademiske hjemmeside for liberalismen - www.liberalismen.dk