[Mplayer-dvb] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: mplayer playback through dvb takes 100% cpu time

Soeren Sonnenburg mplayer-ml at nn7.de
Sat Jan 10 12:30:12 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 21:53, Michael Hunold wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> shortly after posting my previous mail, I found the problem:

I heareby award you with the title man of the week, Michael you've found
the bug !!!!!

[bug explanation]
> Please try to comment out the above line and the closing brace of the
> sleeping code in order to force mplayer to sleep. For me, it "solved"
> the 100% CPU usage bug.

yes commenting out helps and this line should fix it for the general case:

if((time_frame>0.001 && !(vo_flags&256)) || !((vo_flags&256) && !(strcmp(audio_out->info->short_name,"mpegpes"))) ) {

However the true clean solution would be to make the mpegpes vo_flags
unset the sync capability... but I am not sure whether this is possible
due to this connectedness of mpegpes_vo/ao out.

Someone with more insight into this should send this patch or a less
hacky version to mplayer-dev then..

Soeren (enjoying ac3 trailers now with 1% cpu load)