[MPlayer-dvb] Better picture for mplayer-dvb

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Mon Dec 6 07:46:38 CET 2004

Hello Nico,

can you wait until I tested some more, please?

I googled for technotrend dvb card and bitrate and I found some specs of
the technotrend mvp. It's not a dvb card, but it's the same company and
includes a mpeg decoder. It says the decoder can do mpeg1+2 at a max
rate of 10Mbit/s. I've set mplayer.sh.conf to use lavc=9800 now. I will
try this for some time now. If a movies stutters with this, there should
be a problem with cpu power and not the dvb. I'll test it. If I come
around a scene that skips I will write the mplayer output to disk and
try that, so the CPU hasn't to choke on transcoding it.

Thanks!
Sebastian