[Mplayer-dvb] Record frome dvb stream

tarass at club-internet.fr tarass at club-internet.fr
Sun Nov 30 14:40:37 CET 2003

Le 11/30/2003 01:02 PM, Nico a joliment écrit :

> you need DVB_HEAD, not DVB (old drivers). Input: ... dvb, so all is fine.

What is DVB_HEAD ?

>> I knew, but where and how ?
>

> mplayer from cvs is always this:
> http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/cvs/MPlayer-current.tar.bz2
>

>> I don't load this module explicitely, it is loades by other modules.

It wasn't for mplayer but for the modules, thanks:

> just insert
> options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0
> in /etc/modules.conf
>

>>> If you use mplayer from cvs you need that parameter, but few days ago
>>> I posted a patch
>>> in this ML to remove that requisite:
>>>
>>> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dvb/2003-November/001313.html
>>>
>>> It works well for me.
>>

>> I had problems with this when encoding before, the someone tell me to
>> use frames instead. I will try.
>

> -frames 250, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.
> Please, post a log of the crash and a gdb backtrace after having
> recompiled mplayer with --enable-debug

It did not crash when I used endpos, it just didn't stop.

>> Is there some other program that does ?
>>
> maybe VLC 0.7-test*, released few days ago, but it didn't show subs for me.

I'll try.

> what command generated this log?
> see above regarding dvb_shutdown_timeout.

mpalyer dvb://'FRANCE 5'

If I use mplayer --dvb /dev/dvb/adaptator0/dvr0 it works fine with quiet
no cpu use: 0-5% with jumps to 9%. I have an athlon xp 1700 and a matrox
g550 with mga vo mplayer module: the video card does the rendering.

Nicolas.

--
    Powered           .~.
    by Linux          /V\