[Mplayer-dvb] Playing streaming media with Mplayer

Lars Fredriksson lars at fredriksson.net
Tue Nov 25 22:01:00 CET 2003

Hi!

I'm trying to play a stream from a Swedish radiostation using mplayer, but I
can't get it working ;-) Imm trying the following command;

mplayer -cache 16 -ao mpegpes mms://sr-wm.qbrick.com/02038_p3star-wm-High

But mplayer exits and the following are a part of the log written to the
screen;

-<SNIP>-
StreamCount r=0x0  1  1
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 12003->176400 (96.0 kbit)
Selected audio codec: [wmadmo] afm:dmo (Windows Media Audio DMO)
Checking audio filter chain for 44100Hz/2ch/16bit -> 44100Hz/2ch/16bit...
AF_pre: af format: 2 bps, 2 ch, 44100 hz, little endian signed int
AF_pre: 44100Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Total Unfree 0 bytes cnt 0 [(nil),0]
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Exiting... (End of file)
-<SNAP>-

I can use my DVB-card for output from mplayer when I'm using the mplayer
plugin in VDR for example, that works ok, but if stop VDR and tries the
command above it don't work. Is there anything simple I've missed maybe?

If I try to use -au null instead it looks ok on the screen, mplayer are
playing something but I can't ofcourse not hear it.

Thansk for any advice what It can be that's wrong!

Best regards, Lars Fredriksson