[Mplayer-dvb] mplayer/vdr-mplayer-plugin problem

Tobias Rothhardt tobias.rothhardt at automatix.de
Sat Jun 21 03:12:32 CEST 2003

Hello everybody

I was setting up a box with a Haupauge DVB-C Card for watching movies with
mplayer. I was using quite old DVB drivers and it worked. Since vdr-1.2 has
come up, I like to upgrade the box with vdr and some plugins (dvd, mp3,
mplayer...) I'm using a Debian Woody and also vdr and the plugins are woody
backported.
First I tried to use the old DVB drivers, but the OSD from vdr won't show up.
After reading the docs, I heard about a changed API Layer. Then I used the
dvb-drivers20030608 and vdr and the plugins are working together fine. But
the mplayer-plugin and the mplayer from console do not. I'm getting an error
like
"/dev/ost/vidio+audio" "file not found"
My -vo mpegpes cannot initialize because the dev files are not there. But how
do I get them. I thought from now on all the dvb stuff is under /dev/dvb/...
What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for help

        Ciao
                Toby
--
Tobias Rothhardt
- Bereich Technik und Dienstleistungen -

automatiX GmbH
Kapellenstraße 10a
30625 Hannover

fon	+49 511 5511801