[Mplayer-dvb] aspect ratio changes for dvb

Jukka Neppius jkn at softavenue.fi
Wed Jul 2 22:11:35 CEST 2003

Harf Zatschler <mplayer at trollmaster.net> writes:

> There's one station (UK channel 4) that sometimes changes aspect
> ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 -- and possibly also the bitrate, I haven't
> looked --

Same here!

> when changing over to ads. This causes mplayer to continue playing the
> sound, but the picture is black. Re-tuning to the current channel
> fixes the picture until the next change.

Mplayer version I use does not notice aspect changes.  Xine changes
picture width automatically.  I have a 5 MB video-stream with changing
aspect ratio.  Does anybody want it?  (Cutting .mpg with dd seems to
work:)

I'm using rather old version of Mplayer, because I don't want to
download daily snapshots with modem line.  I have waited Nico's patches
to appear in the CVS version.

- Jukka