[Mplayer-dvb] Re: [linux-dvb] OT: OSD inside MPEG2

Alexandre CONRAD aconrad.tlv at magic.fr
Wed Jan 29 09:57:33 CET 2003

>a) if only text use a dvd autoring soft and do it with subtitels (no reencoding)

No, it's really an image, a bitmap.

>b) decode pictue by picture and - do you manipulation - reencode
>this can be done with any good programm for video effect (ie adobe premiere) or as freeware  use avisynth or virtualbub with its effect-plugins

avisynth or virtualbub ? I have to try that see what it looks like. But premiere, I can't.

What Im recording is a program that will be recorded every early
morning. And I need to schedule that. Once it's recorded, I need all
this to be automatic. I need some kind of linux text mode program that
can take a video, and reencode it with an image overlapping it (it's
more like a banner) that is about 500x50 into an MPEG2 again so the DVB
card can read it.

Any other ideas ? I need this to be scriptible for automation...

Regards,

--
Alexandre CONRAD
Research & Development