[Mplayer-dvb] DVB VIDEO DEVICE: : No such file or directory

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Tue Jan 7 16:41:32 CET 2003

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 16:20, Alexandre CONRAD wrote:
> >>Isn't there the DivX codec in here ?
> >
> >Please post the output of configure ... there is at the end a list of
> >codecs/vo's/ao's that are compiled in. Further you should post your
> >commandline, with that you tried it, since I think you did something
> > wrong.
>

> Config files successfully generated by ./configure !
>
>   Install prefix: /usr/local
>   Data directory: /usr/local/share/mplayer
>   Config direct.: /usr/local/etc/mplayer
>
>   Byte order: Little Endian
>   Optimizing for: pentium4 mmx mmx2 sse sse2 mtrr
>
>   Enabled optional drivers:
>     Input: streaming tv-v4l edl tv mpdvdkit2 vcd
>     Codecs: qtx dshow/dmo win32 libvorbis libmad
>     Audio output: esd oss sdl mpegpes(dvb)
>     Video output: xvidix sdl vesa gif89a jpeg png mpegpes(dvb) fbdev
> opengl dga xv x11
>   Disabled optional drivers:
>     Input: tv-bsdbt848 cdda dvdnav dvdread dvdcss
>     Codecs: opendivx xvid libdv libavcodec real xanim liblzo

libavcodec should be enabled. You need it for transcoding and you can play
divx with it (Iguess you hav an cvs version, so you need to go to the
ffmpeg-page and copy the libavcodec-dir into the mplayer-dir as described in
the docs.

>     Audio output: sgi sun alsa arts dxr2 nas win32
>     Video output: bl zr dxr3 dxr2 directx svga aa ggi xmga mga directfb
> tdfxfb 3dfx
>
> Okay, here, when I check :
>
> Checking for DivX4linux/DivX5linux/OpenDivX decore ... no
> Checking for XviD/DivX4linux encore (for mencoder) ... no
>
> Something's gotta be wrong. It does detect the w32codecs that include :
> divxa32.acm
> divx_c32.ax
> divxc32.dll
> divxdec.ax
> divx.dll

I would say divx4linux is obsolet, lavc is far better , maybe Xvid is worth a
try for encoding ...

> so that's why I'm a little lost here not beeing able to get the Divx to
> work.
>
> >>Also, when I read that MPEG1, it's soft decoded, and going out on the
> >>TV, right ? It doesn't use the hardware for reading the videos, am I
> >>right ? Please, clarify me on that one.
> >
> >No thats false. With -ao mpegpes -vo mpegpes it is directly feeded to the
> >mpeg-decoder of your dvb-card. You can see it on the CPU-consumtion (for
> > DVD on normal output I get a cpu-load of around 30% with dvb-out around
> > 3-5%)
>
> Aaah, okay. So this would work just like ntuxplayer.
>
> >It have to be realtime transcoded, so you need a powerfull CPU ( at least
> > 800 Mhz Athlon/Duron/PIII)
>
> That's fine. I have P4 1,6Ghz (I think).
>
> >So you need a commandline to do an realtime transcoding:
> >
> >mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes \   <== clear I think
> >	    -vop lavc  \  <== realtimetranscoding
> >	    <file>
> >
> >This will give you an output at all but it is not fullscreen and not
> > centered, so you have to do some scaling,letterboxing etc. Have a look at
> > the documemntation and try to understand what is going on. Also it could
> > be worth a try to search for a mplayer.sh since these scripts are trying
> > to be functional for every video (from the mplayer-plugin of vdr. The
> > script from martin hoffmann is the best I seen so far. If you don't find
> > a good I can try to collect them and maybe one of them can go to the
> > TOOLS section of mplayer (arpi?)
>
> Okay, I'll first try go get at least a DivX running. I'll check the
> letterboxing later. One thing at a time for such a newbie I am. ;) But I
> will use only 720x576 PAL standard MPEG tv format... So I don't think I
> will need letter boxing, it should fit just right. I'm doing my own DivX
> files...
>
> >>Also, I tried with an MPEG2, and I get stuck at the begining. I had that
> >>same error using ntuxplayer (the DVB file player). Could I send you my
> >>video so you can analyze it ? These MPEG2s were made with a profesionnel
> >>Matrox Digisuite LX MAXX.
> >>Sometimes, MPEG2s get stuck, sometimes, they don't. But they were all
> >>encoded with that Matrox Digisuite.
> >>
> >>Let me know.
> >
> >I have an ISDN-connection and I don't have access to thge incoming
> > section. If you think its a bug you have to provide a bugreport so that
> > someone can have a look at it. Maybe they have some resolutions the dvb
> > don't like or the are pal-mpeg and have ntsc-resolution or something like
> > that. If so you have to realtimetranscode too I guess, since for scaling
> > it has to be transcoded. You can find legal resolutions in the docu too.
>
> Okay, I'll try something like that. But I'm having just a regular MPEG2,
> 720x576 / 25fps PAL. I could give you my FTP server (32kB/s), for
> downloading my 14.17mB file. A little less than 30 seconds.

The mail me the adress of that file, will see if I run into problems

> >Hope it makes some things clearer.
>
> It does. Let's get things running now ! I'll let you know
>
> Regards,

Greets

Steffen
--