[Mplayer-dvb] Choppy audio with NTSC data

Stefan Götz nooneelse at despammed.com
Sun Jan 5 13:58:27 CET 2003

Hi!

I'm trying to play back an NTSC VCD on my non-NTSC capable TV-Set. Of
course, passing the MPEG data through to the DVB's MPEG decoder results in
ok sound and a black&white picture which is not what I want. So I use the
command line

-vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -vop lavc,expand=352:576,scale=352:523 -framedrop

to have the video rescaled so I get a nicely colored picture. But with these
settings the sound is very choppy and I did not find a way to fix that. When
playing the sound directly via the sound card it is not choppy but way out
of sync which is not the case with -ao mpegpes.

Also a reason why I think it should work is that with the same settings
(except for scaling) I can play a PAL SVCD just fine, so I do not think that
my machine (1GHz Duron) is too slow as it usually runs at 40% CPU usage
during playback.

Any ideas?

Stefan