[Mplayer-dvb] mplayer.sh.007 (Bond, James Bond)

Olivier Jacques mplayer at olivierjacques.com
Sun Feb 23 23:39:14 CET 2003

Hello Juri & all,
I just tested the new mplayer.sh with my exotic films (30.5 fps, NTSC,
PAL, ...) on my P3 667 EB and this is all working very nicely (using
slow_cpu). Thank you Juri and all mplayer developers.

I just have some remarks (optimization, that's all):
- For mpeg1/mpeg2, the slow_cpu option should not apply as those formats
are directly handle by the DVB full featured board. So this is no issue,
even for a P200. Unfortunately, the test of the format of the video is
after that resolutions have been truncated for slow_cpu mode.
- Sometimes, for particular X res, the dvbscale filter could be a huge
improvement for performances (but I saw it on your TODOs).

That's all I can think of. Really good job.
Juri, can you provide the script to the author of mplayer plugin for VDR
so that everybody can benefit from it?

Olivier.