[Mplayer-dvb] divx performances

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Mon Feb 10 02:55:30 CET 2003

Arpi wrote:

> >Any hint? I've also used linux 2.4.20 with the preempt patch.
>

> try to limit bitrate, dvb doesn't like too huigh rates and may slowdown
> then. -vop lavc=8000 should be ok, or try to go up, but not more than
> 16000

yes, it's better, but at 8k I can still see chops in few scenes. I would
like to put a duron 1300 on that set-top-box machine and I think I would
need to limit lavc bitrate at 4000 in that case...

can I upload few MB of the divx so you can check if it's my particular
system to perform really bad?

bye thank you
as

--